Foyer Exhibition Space at Mornington Library
The Mornington Peninsula Shire provides the Foyer Exhibition Space at the Mornington Library as a prominent community exhibition space for local artists to display original works. This space attracts over 3000 visitors per week and comprises three walls with ten running metres of hanging space. Each exhibition block runs for approximately 8 weeks.
We welcome applications from emerging, mid-career and established individuals, collectives and groups who live or work on the Mornington Peninsula, and endeavour to showcase artists whose creative practice draws inspiration from the local region and community.
Through this program we aim to:
• Promote awareness and appreciation of our creative communities
• Assist artists to develop and exhibit work
• Provide diverse, high-quality and accessible creative experiences for audiences
• Ensure that our public spaces are stimulating and engaging for visitors
• Support collaboration and creative learning for our community
Who can apply?
The Shire encourages applications from
- artists who are emerging, mid-career or established that live or work on the Peninsula; and
- locally based creative or cultural collectives or groups
The Shire looks to showcase artists whose creative work draws inspiration from our region and community.
Please note: the couch in the Mornington Library Foyer is a fixture of the space and is not able to be moved.
What is the cost?
We offer successful applicants the space to exhibit their work at no cost.
Can I sell and promote my work?
Artists are to be responsible for managing sales of their works and must provide a flyer with contact details for interested buyers. Artists or groups can promote their exhibition widely.
The Mornington Peninsula Shire provides exhibitors with a range of promotional opportunities, including:
• Profile of the artist and list of works to accompany the exhibition
• Promotion via the Shire’s Arts & Culture social media pages, eNews and other communications channels
• Opportunity for an artist talk at the Library
How do I apply?
Read the Terms & Conditions then apply using the online form.
You can also apply by downloading, completing and returning the printable application form(PDF, 4MB).
Applications close Friday 15 May, 2020.
We receive a high volume of applications and submission is not a guarantee of acceptance. Applications will be assessed by a panel that includes members of Mornington Peninsula Shire’s Libraries, Arts and Culture Unit according to selection criteria that takes into consideration:
- Creative concept
- Relevance to the local community
- Suitability for the space and audience
- Diversity of work exhibited across the annual season
- Previous opportunities that the artists or group has received from MP Shire
Please read the Terms and Conditions before submitting an application. Applicants will be advised of the outcome of their exhibition application in writing.