Arts & Culture Plan
An Arts and Culture Plan is a document that sets a vision and guide for Council’s involvement and investment in cultural activities and arts practice within the community over the coming years.
The Shire is currently developing a new Arts and Culture Plan 2019 - 2022 that is a current, reflective and responsive document that supports participation, celebration and creative expression.
In developing this plan, the Arts and Culture Unit will conduct background research and consult with the broader community to build a comprehensive understanding of community needs and expectations. We will develop and deliver strategic priorities and key decisions, enable strong leadership to represent the community and govern in a responsive, open and accountable manner.
The Shire strives to identify and understand community aspirations, ideas and concerns, and will do this through a range of community engagement opportunities.
Have your say
Complete our Online Arts and Culture Survey
Forums for Creatives
Come have your say and help us to explore how we can better support creative practitioners in Mornington Peninsula Shire and deliver an inspiring creative offer to our community. Each workshop will also include a presentation from a local practitioner and the opportunity to network with other art and culture practitioners. Please bring along an item to tell the story of either how you got started in your creative practice or continues to inspire you today.
- Getting the Word Out: How can we better market arts and culture in the Shire?
Wednesday 14 November, 12pm - 3pm, Rye - Book to attend the 'Getting the Word Out' event.
- Remaining Relevant: How can we better support arts and culture in the Shire?
Monday 3 December, 6pm - 9pm, Mornington - Book to attend the 'Remaining Relevant' event.
- Bringing it Together: Contribute to shaping the future of arts and culture in the Shire?
Wednesday 6 February, 6pm - 9pm, Somerville
Please register your attendance for catering purposes and to receive the pre-reading.
Pop-up stalls at events
Come have your say at key arts and cultural events including
- Mornington Main Street Festival (Mornington) – Sunday 21 October
- Red Hill Market (Red Hill) – Saturday 1 December
- Peninsula Summer Music Festival (Flinders) – Saturday 5 January
- Under the Southern Stars Music Festival (Hastings) – Saturday 12 January
- Peninsula Film Festival (Rosebud) – Saturday 2 February
The Arts and Culture Unit welcome you to provide your ideas and vision to help shape the future of arts and culture on the Peninsula.
For further information contact the Shire’s Arts and Culture team at email@example.com or phone 5950 1935.