Biodiversity Conservation Plan
The Shire's Biodiversity Conservation Plan was adopted on 13 August 2019.
The Plan establishes strategies and actions to protect and improve the resilience of the Mornington Peninsula's natural landscapes, ecosystems and biodiversity.
Actions outlined in the Plan are focused on six key areas:
- Engaging with the community and building stewardship;
- Facilitating biodiversity conservation on private land;
- Protecting biodiversity through planning and policy;
- Building a strong knowledge base;
- Demonstrating and leading best-practice land management; and
- Building ecosystem resilience in a changing climate.