Weekly summer recycling is back on the Peninsula
Published on 12 December 2018
We know summer on the Mornington Peninsula means more time spent with family and friends and with that often comes extra recycling.
To help, this summer household recycling bins on the Peninsula will be collected every week from Monday 17 December 2018 until Friday 1 February 2019, at no additional cost.
Your normal 240L recycling bin (blue lid) will be collected weekly on the same day as the usual fortnightly recycling service to help you better dispose of your waste over summer.
We’re working hard towards a cleaner Peninsula and encourage our community to reduce, reuse, recycle.
It’s more important than ever to recycle right and only place recyclables in your recycling bin, but not in plastic bags.
Free disposal of excess recyclables is available at the Rye, Tyabb or Mornington Resource Recovery Centres and the Dromana, Sorrento and Flinders Hoppers.
What can you recycle?
- Aluminium and steel cans and foil
- Rigid and Solid plastic items, such as: kids toys, kitchen ware, cups and drink bottles
- Pots and pans
- Wrapping paper and envelopes
- Cardboard, newspapers and magazines
- Milk, juice and soft drink bottles
- Glass bottles and jars
Here are few recycling tips:
- Don’t place recycling in a plastic bag
- Empty containers of contents/liquids
- Recyclables that can’t fit into your bin can be taken to a rubbish tip (Rye, Mornington and Tyabb) or hopper (Sorrento, Dromana and Flinders) for free.
For more information or to find your bin day, visit: mornpen.vic.gov.au/recycling