Weekly summer recycling is back on the Peninsula
Published on 12 December 2019
12 December 2019
We know summer on the Mornington Peninsula means more time spent with family and friends and with that often comes extra recycling.
To help, this summer household recycling bins on the Peninsula will be collected every week from Monday 16 December 2019 until Friday 31 January 2020, at no additional cost.
Normal 240L recycling bins (blue lid) will be collected weekly on the same day as the usual fortnightly recycling service to help residents and visitors better dispose of recyclable waste over summer.
We’re working hard towards a cleaner Peninsula and encourage our community to reduce, reuse, recycle.
It’s more important than ever to recycle right and only place recyclables in the recycling bin, but not in plastic bags.
Free disposal of excess recyclables is available at the Rye, Tyabb or Mornington Resource Recovery Centres and the Dromana, Sorrento and Flinders Hoppers.
What can be recycled?
- Aluminium and steel cans and foil
- Rigid and Solid plastic items, such as: kids toys, kitchen ware, cups and drink bottles
- Pots and pans
- Wrapping paper and envelopes
- Cardboard, newspapers and magazines
- Milk, juice and soft drink bottles
- Glass bottles and jars
Here are few recycling tips:
- Don’t place recycling in a plastic bag
- Empty containers of contents/liquids
- Recyclables that can’t fit in the bin can be taken to a rubbish tip (Rye, Mornington and Tyabb) or hopper (Sorrento, Dromana and Flinders) for free.
For more information or to search bin days, visit: mornpen.vic.gov.au/recycling