Weekly summer recycling back on the Peninsula
Published on 28 November 2022
We know summer on the Mornington Peninsula means more time spent with family and friends and with that often comes extra recycling.
To help, this summer household recycling bins on the Peninsula will be collected every week from 12 December 2022 until 27 January 2023.
Normal 240L recycling bins (blue or yellow lid) will be collected weekly on the same day as the usual fortnightly recycling service.
Bins are emptied on all days, including public holidays.
We’re working hard towards a cleaner Peninsula and diverting waste from landfill. Please only place accepted items in your recycling bin.
What can be recycled?
- Paper, cardboard, newspaper and magazines
- Glass bottles and jars (lids off)
- Hard plastic containers that return to shape when scrunched
- Milk and juice cartons (including liquid paper and Tetra Pak)
- Aluminium steel cans, trays, aerosols (empty) and foil scrunched into a ball
- Plastic bottles (no lids)
What can’t be recycled:
- Plastic bags or soft plastic packaging
- Food or garden waste
- Cutlery or crockery
- Clothing, linen, shoes and toys
- Garden appliances and equipment
- Hazardous materials including batteries, gas bottles, oil and paint
Do you have extra recycling or large items at home which can’t fit in the recycling bin? You can drop off excess household recycling at the Resource Recovery Centres free of charge. Some other household recyclables that can’t go in your kerbside recycling bin can also be disposed of at our Recovery Stations or Recycling Trailer.
Is your recycling bin constantly overflowing? You can order an extra recycling bin for a one-off fee of $80.
For information on how to recycle other items or to search bin days visit mornpen.vic.gov.au/recycling.