Weekly recycling returns to fortnightly collection from 30 January
Published on 24 January 2023
Don't forget! Weekly recycling on the Mornington Peninsula will return to fortnightly collection from 30 January 2023.
We’re working hard towards a cleaner Peninsula and diverting waste from landfill. Please only place accepted items in your recycling bin.
What can be recycled?
- Paper, cardboard, newspaper and magazines
- Glass bottles and jars (lids off)
- Hard plastic containers that return to shape when scrunched
- Milk and juice cartons (including liquid paper and Tetra Pak)
- Aluminium steel cans, trays, aerosols (empty) and foil scrunched into a ball
- Plastic bottles (no lids)
What can’t be recycled:
- Plastic bags or soft plastic packaging
- Food or garden waste
- Cutlery or crockery
- Clothing, linen, shoes and toys
- Garden appliances and equipment
- Hazardous materials including batteries, gas bottles, oil and paint
Do you have extra recycling or large items at home which can’t fit in the recycling bin? You can drop off excess household recycling at the Resource Recovery Centres free of charge. Some other household recyclables that can’t go in your kerbside recycling bin can also be disposed of at our Recovery Stations or Recycling Trailer.
Is your recycling bin constantly overflowing? You can order an extra recycling bin for a one-off fee of $80.
For information on how to recycle other items or to search bin days visit mornpen.vic.gov.au/recycling.