Reporting on our Annual Report 2021-22
Published on 05 October 2022
Where your rates are going is one of the biggest questions all councils face. Keen to prove we’re much more than rates, roads and rubbish, our Mayor Councillor Anthony Marsh will discuss our progress against our Annual Report 2021-22 at a Council meeting in Rosebud at 5.30pm on Tuesday 18 October.
The meeting will highlight the broad range of community services and infrastructure projects we’re providing to support the wellbeing and prosperity of our community.
What is our Annual Report?
Basically, it’s a document we produce every year to show you the work we’ve been doing over the last financial year. It highlights our achievements and challenges and includes our financial and sustainability performance.
Our Report shows how we’ve done with work set out in our Council and Wellbeing Plan and annual Budget.
So, how are we tracking?
Here are a few of our highlights:
- We committed $10 million to Peninsula Trail with Council continuing to advocate for the remaining $33 million in funding to transform our Peninsula into a world class 100km cycling and walking destination.
- We supported our local community to save Flinders Pier. The Victorian Government is allocating $1.5 million to the restoration of the timber pier.
- Yawa Aquatic Centre was named ‘Community Facility of the Year’ at the 2022 Parks & Leisure Australia Awards of Excellence. We are now in the running for the National Awards of Excellence.
- We generated $82,000 for our local tourism industry through our Local Economy Booster Program as part of our COVID-19 recovery response.
- Our Better Buses campaign improved the frequency of bus route 788 and introduced a FlexiRide on-demand bus service as part of a 12-month trial.
- Local creative organisations and individuals will now have access to a $500,000 Performing Arts Fund to support our creative community.
How can I find out more?
Everyone is welcome to join our Council meeting on Tuesday 18 October at 5.30pm where our Annual Report 2021-22 will be discussed. If you can’t make the meeting, you can watch the live stream online.
Our Annual Report 2021-22 will be available on our website the day after the meeting on Wednesday 19 October 2022.
For more information, please visit:
Quote attributable to Mayor Councillor Anthony Marsh:
“We’re proud to present our Annual Report, which details our operations and performance over the past financial year. From holding inaugural DRIFT and Schoolies festivals, delivering footpaths, road upgrades and a recreation hub, taking the first steps in an ambitious infrastructure project and doubling down on our support for local businesses, there is something for everyone. It has been an incredible year!”