Nominations period extended for Age Friendly Awards
Published on 02 May 2018
The nominations period for Mornington Peninsula Shire’s Delys Sargeant Age Friendly Awards has now been extended until Thursday 31 May 2018.
The Awards recognise a local person, business, corporation or service that contributes to building a stronger local community for seniors who live, work or visit the Mornington Peninsula.
The awards aim to provide a public opportunity to recognise and value older people in the community; promote respect, reduce ageism, and encourage an age-friendly Mornington Peninsula. Community members, older people and their friends, families and carers can nominate persons or organisations who actively demonstrate attitudes and actions which encourage these values.
Categories open for nomination include:
- Mayor’s Senior Achiever Award
- Elder of the year
- Senior Achiever
- PACE Age-Friendly Community Award
- Age-Friendly community service or program
- Innovative club for older people
- Encouraging Indigenous or Multicultural opportunities for older people
- Age friendly local business
- Promotion of Intergenerational Opportunities Award
- Individuals or groups/businesses/services
Nominations will be judged by a selection panel comprising representatives from the Mornington Peninsula Shire’s Positive Ageing Steering Committee and the Peninsula Advisory Committee for Elders (PACE).
Nominations close Wednesday 31 May 2018.
To nominate, download the nomination form at: mornpen.vic.gov.au/delys-sargeant-awards or alternatively pick up a copy at your local Shire Customer Service centre.
For any questions or queries regarding the awards please phone 5950 1773.