Lost, stolen, or damaged bin?

Published on 21 March 2017

Bins 3.jpg

Many residents don’t know Mornington Peninsula Shire has more than 210,160 garbage, recycling and green waste bins in service across the region.

Sometimes your bins may become damaged, lost or stolen.

If your bin becomes damaged, please contact the Shire’s Customer Service Team on 1300 850 600 to have it repaired or replaced.

If you think your bin may have been stolen or is lost, there are a couple of steps you can take:                                                                         

Firstly, check your letterbox for a slip from your bin collection contractor – sometimes heavy or damaged bins may fall into the truck. A slip with replacement details will be placed in your letterbox.

If you don’t have a slip in your letterbox, simply fill out a Lost Bin Declaration form and submit it to the Shire to have your bin replaced.

To access the form visit mornpen.vic.gov.au/bins or contact our Customer Service Team on 1300 850 600.

You can also order extra capacity garbage bins if you need to upgrade from an 80L rubbish bin to 120 or 240L or an additional recycling bin at a fee. Please contact our Customer Service Team on 1300 850 600 for further information.

Did you know?

  • If you live within the urban area you can order a green waste bin for your home for an annual fee?
  • Extra capacity garbage, recycling or green waste bins can be purchased for your home?
  • Items such as aluminium cans and foil, steel cans, pots and pans, milk and juice cartons, plastic milk bottles, plastic soft drink bottles, rigid plastic kitchen items,  plastic plant pots, children's plastic toys, glass bottles and jars, newspapers, phone books, magazines, envelopes and writing paper, flattened cardboard, breakfast cereal boxes can be recycled in your household recycling bin?
  • Items such as sorted household recyclables, E-waste, steel goods, some white goods,(excluding fridges and air conditioners), hot water services, bikes, computer equipment including monitors and televisions can be taken to the Shire’s Resource Recovery Centres for free.
  • Items such as gas cylinders – up to 9kg, paint – up to 20 litres per visit, motor oil – up to 20 litres per visit, fluorescent tubes/light globes in domestic quantities, batteries (car, household, mobile phone) – domestic quantities may be delivered to the ‘Detox You Home’ area of the Resource Recovery Centres.