Join Flinders Coastal Advisory Group
Published on 01 June 2021
Are you passionate about protecting Flinders unique coastline? We want to hear from you!
Following a recent resignation, we are seeking expressions of interest from enthusiastic residents with a keen interest, knowledge or skills to join Flinders Coastal Advisory Group.
Functions of the Flinders Coastal Advisory Group include:
- Assist the Shire in the protection, future development and enhancement of coastal areas
- Share valuable local knowledge and history
- Participate in strategic planning for the coastal area, including preparation, consultation, implementation and evaluation of Coastal and Marine Management Plans, Master Plans, Precinct Plans and other relevant documents
- Monitor, review, evaluate and appropriate regular adjustments to existing strategic plans and strategies.
- Act as a key link to the local community and key stakeholders on coastal matters related to the Flinders coast.
In appointing a Community Advisory Group, we aim to achieve balanced representation from the local community and other users of the coast with relevant skills and interest.
In accordance with the June 2019 Terms of Reference, Section 5.5, when an expression of interest is assessed the following will be considered:
- Providing new members the opportunity to join established advisory groups
- Skills, local knowledge and relevant expertise and experience
- Previous attendance records
- Previous and current community engagement
- Knowledge of relevant plans, strategies and other key guiding documents relevant to the future planning of the area
- Other key stakeholder groups applicants may be affiliated with.
How to submit an expression of interest
For more information contact Coastal Planner Hayden Forrest on 5950 1861 or Hayden.Forrest@mornpen.vic.gov.au.
Quotes attributable to Red Hill Ward Councillor David Gill:
“Volunteers on Shire Advisory Groups are an invaluable resource of information and advice.
“Our coastline is enhanced by those that offer to help ensure that all aspects are considered for the maintenance, improvements and protection of our foreshore areas.
“Thank you for considering taking a crucial role in future planning, management advice and sharing community points of view.”