Help shape our draft Public Transparency Policy
Published on 11 May 2022
You’re invited to provide your thoughts on Mornington Peninsula Shire’s draft Public Transparency Policy 2022.
This draft Policy sets out Council’s commitment to openness and transparency in decision-making processes and describes how information will be made available to the public.
Council has adopted a number of other policies and procedures serving to increase transparency and accountability, including the following:
- Public Transparency Policy 2020
- Community Engagement Policy
- Chief Executive Officer Annual Performance and Remuneration Review
- Councillor Gift Policy including online register
- Budget Briefings open to the public
- Live streaming online of all Council and Planning Services Meetings
- Conflict of Interest Declarations available online.
HOW TO HAVE YOUR SAY
Help shape our draft Public Transparency Policy by providing your thoughts before 4 July by visiting mornpen.vic.gov.au/publictransparencypolicy.
Hard copy forms are also available on request at our Customer Service Centres.
Quotes attributable to Mayor Councillor Anthony Marsh:
“Being open, honest, transparent and accountable with our community is the foundation of democracy and our organisation. I encourage you to provide feedback on our draft Public Transparency Policy during the consultation period.”