Help enhance and contribute to our coastline
Published on 03 December 2019
3 December 2019
Do you have an interest in protecting and enhancing the Peninsula’s coastline? You may be interested in joining a Coastal Advisory Group.
Mornington Peninsula Shire is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) to join a Coastal Advisory Group for the Flinders and Rosebud coastal areas.
Coastal Advisory Groups are regarded as a key point of contact with the community on issues relating to the future planning and management of the Shire’s coastal areas.
In appointing a Coastal Advisory Group, the Shire will aim to achieve balanced representation from the local community and other users of the coast with relevant skills and interest.
Functions of Coastal Advisory Groups include:
- Assisting the Shire in the protection, future development and enhancement of coastal areas.
- To share valuable local knowledge and history.
- To participate in strategic planning for the coastal area, including the preparation, consultation, implementation and evaluation of Coastal and Marine Management Plans, Masterplans, Precinct Plans and other relevant documents relating to coastal planning and management.
- To participate in the monitoring, review, evaluation and appropriate regular adjustments to existing strategic plans and strategies.
- To act as a key link to the local community and key stakeholders on coastal matters related to the coastal area for which they are appointed.
Mornington Peninsula Shire Mayor Councillor Sam Hearn said “we’re committed to community-based Coastal Advisory Groups to advise and assist Council in the use or development, planning, management, protection and enhancement of the Shire’s coastlines”.
“Coastal Advisory Groups help ensure our coastline can be enjoyed and appreciated both current and future generations,” concluded Mayor Hearn.
HOW TO SUBMIT AN EOI
EOI submissions are currently open and close Tuesday 31 December 2019.
EOI forms may be submitted by mail addressed to:
Mornington Peninsula Shire Council
Attention: Zac Grimes
Coastal Advisory Group EOI
Private Bag 1000
Or via email to: email@example.com
Further information: contact the Shire’s Coastal Planner Zac Grimes on 5950 1157 or via email Zachary.Grimes@mornpen.vic.gov.au.