Funding available for your heritage property
Published on 01 March 2022
If you spend your weekends, comparing shades of lime mortar, sourcing original materials and restoring verandas chances are you’re the owner of a heritage property.
Help is at hand with our Heritage Grants.
We can award between $1000 to $2,500 to owners of heritage places to assist with heritage conservation projects. More may be awarded in special circumstances.
To be eligible for a grant, the works should:
- apply to a place listed on the Heritage Overlay
- aim to restore or maintain original built materials
- not be ordinary maintenance, recurrent work, or operational work such as safety and drainage
- provide a noticeable public benefit everyone can appreciate
- be planned, designed and carried out with heritage principles and standards of workmanship.
In the past we’ve funded projects such as rotted windows, restoration of verandahs, repair of stonework or slate roofs and restoration work to churches.
We have plenty of history on our Peninsula, and we want to preserve it. These grants will help owners of heritage places maintain and preserve their property for future generations.
If you’re the custodian of a heritage property, applications close at 5pm on Friday 15 April.
For more advice, please contact our Heritage Planner at email@example.com or call 5950 1249.
To find out if you could be eligible and to apply online visit: mornpen.vic.gov.au/heritagegrants
Quote attributable to Mayor Councillor Anthony Marsh:
“We’re pleased to continue to offer this grant program to our community to encourage heritage projects and support efforts to preserve our local heritage. If you’re in a Heritage Overlay, we encourage you to apply.”