Free energy advice and access to energy grants
Published on 23 March 2021
Are you having trouble paying your energy bills? Do you want to lower your energy costs? Are you interested in making your home warmer in winter or cooler in summer?
The Brotherhood of St. Laurence, Uniting and the Australian Energy Foundation have launched a free service – the Energy Assistance Program.
The program is designed to help eligible Victorians save on their electricity and gas bills.
This service is independent of energy companies and supported by the Victorian Government.
The program can help you:
- Find a cheaper energy offer.
- Ensure you are receiving the energy concessions you are entitled to – to help lower your energy bills.
- Get help from your retailer if you are struggling to pay your energy bill or get help fixing a billing error.
- Access a utility relief grant or develop a payment plan with your retailer.
- Improve the energy efficiency of your home.
- Access the $250 Power Saving Bonus, if you are eligible.
Eligibility criteria include experiencing any hardship due to COVID-19.
To find out more
Visit the website bsl.org.au/energy-assist or call toll free on 1800 830 029.