EOI open for the Australia Day Local Awards Selection Panel
Published on 13 July 2020
Each year Mornington Peninsula Shire celebrates the achievements and contributions of local community members through the Australia Day Local Awards.
Mornington Peninsula Shire is seeking Expressions of Interest from local residents and/or business operators to become a member of the 2021 Australia Day Local Awards Selection Panel.
The Panel is responsible for assessing and deliberating all nominations received and making recommendations to Council for winners of the Awards.
Mornington Peninsula Shire Mayor Councillor Sam Hearn said “this is a great opportunity to get involved and help recognise the outstanding Peninsula residents who go above and beyond for their local community. I encourage you to apply.”
Australia Day Local Award Selection Panel Members will:
- Have demonstrated personal and professional integrity
- Have demonstrated expertise, experience and/or commitment to recognition of achievement in the community
- Have a track record of constructive and collaborative decision making in a board or committee type structure
- Be available to attend and actively participate in an annual selection process meeting
- Maintain absolute discretion around Committee deliberations and recommendations
- Have proven their ability to formulate and explain recommendations
- Be residents and/or business operators in the municipality
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR EOI
EOI submissions are currently open and close Monday 3 August 2020
Hard copy EOI forms are available upon request by phoning 1300 850 600.
Email your form to: email@example.com with the subject line ‘Selection Panel - Australia Day Local Awards EOI’.
Mornington Peninsula Shire Council
Attention: Christine Aslanidis
Selection Panel - Australia Day Local Awards EOI
Private Bag 1000