Is your child going to kindergarten next year?
We recommend families register on time by Sunday 17 July 2022, as this gives you the best chance of getting a place at your preferred kindergarten.
We use the Kindergarten Central Registration system, a streamlined and transparent application and allocation process that is fair and equitable for all families.
High quality kindergarten programs, either through a sessional or long day care service, will set your little ones up for a bright future and offer a gentle, playful beginning to lifelong learning.
Kindergarten improves children’s health and wellbeing, helps develop strong social skills and encourages a love of learning.
Children who go to kindergarten are more independent, confident and more likely to make a smooth transition to primary school.
The Victorian Government provides free or low cost kindergarten for some children.Your child is eligible for free or low cost kindergarten if they:
Changes to allocation criteria
- are of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
- are a multiple birth child (triplet or higher)
- are from a refugee or asylum seeker background
- have had contact with child protection
- hold (or their parent/guardian holds) an eligible concession or pension card.
In December last year, in line with the introduction of two years of funded kindergarten, we asked our community about kindergarten priority of access and allocation criteria. Thank you to everyone who provided feedback.
From 2023, the Priority of Access / Allocation Criteria for kindergarten registrations will be as follows:
- Level 1:children identified as high priority(no change)
- Level 2:children currently enrolled at the service(new)
- Level 3:children who qualify for the sibling priority(previously Level 2)
- Level 4:children registering for the kindergarten closest to where they live(previously Level 3)
- Level 5:children in families that are Mornington Peninsula Shire residents/ratepayers
For more information or to register, visitmornpen.vic.gov.au/kindergarten.