Council adopts Public Transparency Policy
Published on 16 August 2022
Mornington Peninsula Shire Council adopted the Public Transparency Policy 2022 at its Council Meeting on Tuesday 2 August 2022.
The Policy sets out Council’s commitment to openness and transparency in decision-making processes and describes how information will be made available to the public.
Council has adopted a number of other policies and procedures serving to increase transparency and accountability, including the following:
- Public Transparency Policy 2020
- Community Engagement Policy
- Chief Executive Officer Annual Performance and Remuneration Review
- Councillor Gift Policy including online register
- Budget Briefings open to the public
- Live streaming online of all Council and Planning Services Meetings
- Conflict of Interest Declarations available online.
To view the adopted Policy visit mornpen.vic.gov.au/publictransparencypolicy.
Quotes attributable to Mayor Councillor Anthony Marsh:
“Being open, honest, transparent and accountable with our community is the foundation of democracy and our organisation.”