Best Bites 2018 award winners announced
Published on 21 November 2018
Fork to Fork at Heronswood Dromana have won the Restaurant of the Year award at the Shire’s 2018 Best Bites Awards!
Merchant and Maker McCrae won the Café of the Year closely followed by Blue Mini Café in Rosebud as Highly Commended. The other category award winners being:
- Innovation: La Casa Nostra Deli in Rosebud
- Aged Care: Opal By The Bay Mt Martha
- Bed and Breakfast: Sunnyside Up Bed and Breakfast in Rye
- School Canteen/Child Care: Joint Winners - Balnarring Early Learning Centre and Tyabb Childrens Centre
- Supermarket: Woolworths in Rye
- Takeaway: Be Fit Food in Mornington
- People’s Choice: Shazza’s Takeaway in Rosebud
Finalists in each of these categories were judged by an independent panel to determine the award winners.
Best Bites is a Mornington Peninsula Shire and Peninsula Health program recognising the most outstanding local food businesses in the areas of food safety, healthy eating, sustainability, reduction of tobacco/alcohol and access for all.
The award winners were presented with their awards on Monday 19 November by Mornington Peninsula Shire Mayor Councillor David Gill at the RACV Cape Schanck Resort.
Mayor Councillor Gill congratulated all the winners and nominees of this year’s Best Bites Awards.
“Best Bites winners and nominees set great examples for our local food industry by demonstrating safe and healthy food options using environmentally sustainable food practices in safe and accessible premises”.