Are you looking to be involved in your local community?
Published on 17 December 2020
Mornington Peninsula Shire is calling on individuals, community groups, volunteers and local businesses to fill in an Expression of Interest (EOI) to run a program/activity or a community service from our soon-to-be completed Mornington Community House for Term 1 programs in February 2021.
When Mornington Community House relocates to Wilsons Road in Mornington, it will form part of the Mornington Community Hub, where residents can enjoy a one-stop-shop for programs, activities and services.
The Hub will be co-located with several community groups and services including the Studio, the Corner Youth Centre, RPP FM, the Mornington Men’s Shed and the Peninsula Community Theatre.
The new facility is being designed to cater for:
- education classes for seniors, parents, young people and general interest groups
- art and craft activities
- space for community clubs and associations
- public meeting rooms
- health and wellbeing programs
- consultation rooms
- fitness and movement classes
- support groups including peer support
- social activities
- all abilities activities.
Current programs at the Mornington Community House include:
- Pins N Needles: fun and friendly knitting and sewing for all.
- Spanish Cuppa: introduction to Spanish lessons in an entertaining and relaxed environment.
- Feeling Groovy: a welcoming group to all that enjoys spending time making music.
- Living Happy Online: suffering mental illness doesn’t have to be a lonely journey. A space to talk freely without judgements.
- Free Computer Classes: online, learn the basics of getting online and being safe.
Construction of the building is anticipated to be completed mid-January 2021.
HOW TO SUBMIT AN EOI FORM
Submissions are currently open and close 31 December 2020 for Term 1 2020.
To access the EOI form and read the terms and conditions head to:
Quotes attributable to Mayor and Briars Ward Councillor Despi O’Connor:
“Mornington Community House has been operating for over 40 years and has continued to build strong connections with the community. This is a great opportunity to be a part of this historical community.”
Quotes attributable to Briars Ward Councillor Steve Holland:
“If you think you have a program, activity or service perfect for the Mornington Community House, submit an EOI form as soon as you can so we can include this in our program planning for 2021.”
Quotes attributable to Briars Ward Councillor Anthony Marsh:
“The Mornington Community Hub will bring much-loved programs, activities and services together in the one destination at the heart of Mornington. If you want to be part of this hub and get involved in your local community, submit an EOI today.”