Updated: 5 December 2018
Detailed design plans for the highly anticipated Rosebud Aquatic Centre have been approved with Mornington Peninsula Shire Council praising the ‘team effort’ of Shire officers, committees and community members at its meeting on Tuesday 27 November.
Download: Detail Design Plans of Rosebud Aquatic Centre - Floorplans(PDF, 2MB)
Download: Detail Design Plans of Rosebud Aquatic Centre - Renders(PDF, 5MB)
Plans are current at November 2018.
Mornington Peninsula Shire Council has given the green light for construction of the highly anticipated Rosebud Aquatic Centre to begin.
At its Council Meeting on Tuesday 11 September, Council resolved to award the tender for construction of the Aquatic Centre car park which will include footpaths, pram ramps, landscaping and more.
Works to construct the car park are due to commence in October with completion due in March 2019.
The Shire recently received a $5 million grant from the Australian Federal Government’s Regional Communities Fund to help deliver a state-of-the-art aquatic facility on Besgrove street, Rosebud.
After considering community feedback on the Rosebud Aquatic Centre Business Case at a Council Meeting on 13th March 2018, Mornington Peninsula Shire Council has confirmed it will progress with a 50-metre indoor pool for the future Rosebud Aquatic Centre, set to be constructed at Besgrove Street Rosebud.
Council received feedback from more than 7,000 participants from across the peninsula during consultation on the length of the main indoor pool.
Overall 94% of respondents in all the engagement methods preferred a 50m pool.
The Aquatic Centre will feature:
- 50m indoor pool
- Learn to Swim Pool
- Warm water program pool
- a multi-purpose room for health and fitness classes
- a wellness centre featuring consulting, steam and sauna rooms catering for specialist services such as massage and physiotherapy, relaxation, older adults and sports recovery
- a café offering high-quality food services
- high priority disability access
- access ramps to the main pool, learn-to-swim pool and warm water program pool
- wheelchair access to the spa within the warm water program pool
- family change rooms for persons with a disability or special needs
Rosebud Aquatic Centre will be designed and constructed over a three-year period, with the aim of opening late 2020.
Download: Rosebud Aquatic Centre Factsheet(PDF, 787KB)