Rye - Boat Ramp Upgrade
The purpose of this project is to alleviate the on-land and on-water congestion experienced at the Rye Boat Ramp during the summer period. The scope of works is as follows:
- Construction of a new jetty
- Construction of a new boat ramp
- Replacement of the existing boat ramps
- Realignment of existing and addition of a new reversing lane
Update: 30 November 2018
The boat ramp has now-reopened and work is complete.
Update: November 2018
Works are progressing well on the boat ramp and on track for opening on the 1st December 2018.
To date we have completed the following works:
- Installed coffer dam to create a dry and safe working environment
- Demolished and removed the old concrete ramps
- Installed the piles for the new jetty
- The final concrete pour to complete the new ramps will take place on 2nd November 2018
- Relocated and replaced existing light pole and webcams
- Prepared the base for the new realigned reversing lanes
If you wish to view the webcam and see how the works are progressing, please use the following link: www.ryeweather.com.au
Update: July 2018
This project has been delayed significantly by VCAT proceedings. Following a decision in favour of the project in May 2018, the Shire is fast-tracking this project to avoid further delays.
At the Council meeting on Tuesday 24 July, the tender was awarded to the Simpson Construction Company.
The ramp works are to be done between August and November 2018 and the Jetty to be constructed between August 2018 and March 2019. No works are to occur onsite in the busiest months of December and January.
Update: October 2016
A planning permit application has been submitted for this project and is currently in the advertisement stage. This enables community members opposed to or in favour of the project to have their views considered through a democratic process.
2460 Point Nepean Road, Rye, Rye 3941 View Map