The McCrae Lighthouse (Eastern Shore Light) has served as an integral part of the Port Phillip Bay navigation system since the 1850’s. This project will provide restoration and conservation works to preserve this heritage listed structure long into the future. The project is being fully funded by a grant from the State Government’s Living Heritage Fund.
Works consisted of abrasive blasting, rust removal, patch repairs, painting, cleaning, and other minor repairs to both the interior and exterior of the structure. The lighthouse has also been returned to its original white colour as part of the restoration.
Works began in November 2021 and are now complete.
Update: October 2022
676 Point Nepean Road, McCrae 3936 View Map
676 Point Nepean Road ,