Hastings: Olivia Way - Playground
- Project typeOpen Spaces and Reserves
- Project value$490,000
A new playground, picnic shelter and associated landscape is coming soon in the reserve on Olivia Way, Hastings. The project is being jointly funded by the Mornington Peninsula Shire Council and the Victorian State Government, through the Growing Suburbs Fund.
The playground will provide a safe, local and accessible outdoor zone for children to enjoy both nature-based and traditional play components. Accessible features include a compliant access path, accessible picnic tables and rubber surfacing to provide access to play items withing the play area from the scooter loop track.
The Hastings Township has a growing population. Implementation of a new playground on Olivia Way responds directly to a need identified by this community for a suitable play zone to engage children in the neighbourhood. This play space will provide a fun and interesting area for children and families to socialise and exercise outside. It will cater to children of all ages and allow families the space for gatherings and picnics.
The new playground will be close to two large housing estates, a retirement village, Western Port Secondary College and Western Port Athletics Track and will be easy to access with a laneway linking Olivia Way to the housing estates.
The Olivia Way Hastings New Playground will specifically deliver the following components:
- Playground incorporating both nature-based and traditional play components (2 Turn-over Bars, Climbing and Balancing Zone, Swing Frame with Harness, Sling and Toddler Swings, Play Unit with Slides, Monkey Bar and Climbing Poles, Feature Play, Stepping-stone Path, Concrete Footpath and Strip Edging, Scooter Track, Drinking Fountain and Soft Fall).
- Skillion Roof Shelter and Exposed Aggregate Social Area with Seating and Picnic Tables
- Open Lawn/Kick-about Area
- Off-street Parallel Parking Zone
- Connecting Path from street to playground
Works expected to commence August 2023.
UPDATE: May 2023.
43 Olivia Way, Hastings 3936 View Map
43 Olivia Way ,
43 Olivia Way ,