Consumption of Liquor (Amendment) Local Law
Proposal to Make Local Law - Consumption of Liquor (Amendment) Local Law
In accordance with Section 119(2) of the Local Government Act 1989, Council proposes to make the Consumption of Liquor (Amendment) Local Law.
The purpose of this proposed Local Law is:
- To amend the Consumption of Liquor Local Law
- To regulate and control the consumption of alcohol in designated areas within the Municipal District;
- To protect against behaviour which causes detriment to the amenity and environment of the Municipal District; and
The general purport of this proposed Local Law is:
- To provide generally for the peace, order and good government of the Municipal District.
- To amend Part 2 Clause 9(3) of the Local Law to incorporate Schedule 52 Mt Martha Foreshore (Pillars) in order to prohibit any person at any time within those parts of the Municipal District which are delineated on the plans in Schedule 52 consume or have in his possession or control any Liquor; and
- To incorporate Clause 37 ‘Disposal’ to the Principal Local Law.
A copy of the proposed Local Law is on display at Council’s Customer Service Centre’s at the following locations:
- 90 Besgrove Street, Rosebud 3939 - 8.30am to 5.00pm;
- 2 Queen Street, Mornington 3931 - 8.30am to 5.00pm;
- 21 Marine Parade, Hastings 3915 – 8.30am to 5.00pm;
- 1085 Frankston Flinders Road Somerville 3912 (within Somerville Library) 10.00am to 5.00pm.
and available for download: Consumption of Liquor (Amendment) Local Law(PDF, 697KB)
Have Your Say:
Any person may make a written submission on the proposed Local Law to Council. Written submissions regarding this proposal will be considered if received by Monday 09 October 2017
A Committee meeting to hear submissions will be scheduled if one or more persons request to be heard in support of their submission.
A submission must be made in writing using one of the options below:
- Mail: address to the Mornington Peninsula Shire Council, Private Bag 1000, Rosebud, 3939 or
- Email: send emails to Council.Reports@mornpen.vic.gov.au
- Online: using the form below
Submissions must state clearly whether you (or a representative on your behalf) wish to be heard in support of your written submission.
Submissions received, including the name of the submitter, will be published on Council’s website and will form part of the public record of the relevant Council and Committee meetings.
Any queries can be directed to Mr Paul Bonnici, Team Leader Shire Rangers – Environment Protection on (03) 5950 1050
Make a submission:
If input is on behalf of a group/club, please specify (for publication on website)
Please only attach one pdf file