Mornington Peninsula Industrial Areas Strategy
The Draft Mornington Peninsula Industrial Areas Strategy Review, October 2017 report is currently on exhibition for public comment. The strategy provides an assessment of industrial areas on the Peninsula, examines the key economic drivers of industrial land use, and identifies supply and demand for industrial land.
Three Community and Business Stakeholders Engagement workshops were held on 15 November 2017 at the following venues and times:
- Rosebud - Reception Room, 10:30 am to 12:00 pm
- Hastings - Reception Room, 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm
- Mornington - Council Chamber, 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Principles-based action and implementation plan of the strategy:
- Recognise industrial areas as important components of the Mornington Peninsula’s economy, and as an important source of the goods and services required to support business and the general community.
- Support the growth of industrial and appropriate commercial activities through the provision of serviced land in locations that support investment, business growth and jobs.
- Manage and plan for industrial areas which operate in a manner that reflects the importance of liveability and amenity to residents.
- Prepare for the long-term demand for additional industrial land through preliminary planning and other required investigations.
- Support and implement initiatives to improve the environmental sustainability and performance of industrial areas.
- Ensure Council has appropriate resources available to support business growth and economic development opportunities in the industrial areas of the Shire.
- Have regard for the industrial role and potential of specific areas in the Shire.
While an adequate supply of zoned industrial land exists for the next ten years, it is recommended that Council commences the process of identifying additional supply, particularly for industries requiring larger land areas where limited supply already exists.
Download the full report:
A hard copy of the full report is also available for inspection at all Council's Offices (Mornington, Rosebud and Hastings) between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
If you would like to speak to an officer for further information regarding the draft report or the project, please contact:
Submit your comments:
Please note that submissions on the draft report will close at 5:00 pm, Monday, 4 December 2017.