Have your Say: Calling for naming suggestions for Our Aquatic Centre
Suggest a name for our aquatic centre in Rosebud!
With construction for the aquatic centre well underway, Mornington Peninsula Shire is inviting the community to be involved in an exciting part of the milestone project – naming the facility!
Naming suggestions are welcome until 2 March and can be submitted online or by completing a hard copy form at our Customer Service Centres.
Suggestions will be considered by a naming panel and a shortlist will be presented to Council for a final decision. The naming panel will assess the suggestions against a set of criteria to develop the shortlist. The naming panel will include representatives from the community, Shire and the creative agency developing the brand for the new aquatic centre.
The name will seek to create a connection with the Peninsula community through place, environment or spirit and feel approachable, welcoming and positive.
This is your opportunity to add your voice to a facility that will make a splash in Rosebud and across the Peninsula!
How to have your say
Provide suggestions online or pick up a hard copy at one of our Customer Service offices. You can also provide your feedback via email or post.
Feedback can be submitted until 5pm Monday 2 March 2020.
Please find below more information about the naming process and the terms and conditions after the survey.
Surveys are also available to complete in hard copy at the Shire’s offices in Rosebud, Mornington and Hastings. Or phone us on 5950 1839 to have a hard copy sent to you.
Email your submission with the subject line “Aquatic Centre name suggestion” to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attention: Amy Frost
Re: Aquatic Centre name suggestion
Mornington Peninsula Shire
Private Bag 1000, Rosebud VIC 3939
Feedback can be submitted until 5pm Monday 2 March 2020.
The Shire will only use this information for the purpose it was collected and may use it for a secondary, related purpose that could reasonably be expected.
1. Names suggested via ‘Have your Say’ survey
Names suggested will be vetted against Naming rules which are set by Geographic Names Victoria:
Name Rules include:
- Linking name to place – names should be relevant to the local area
- Names cannot be duplicated within a 15km radius – this includes similar spelling or pronunciation
- Commemorative names – the person must have been held in high regard by the community and names of people who are alive must be avoided
- Commercial and business names must not be used
- Directional names must be avoided (north, south etc.)
2. Name suggestion list submitted to the appointed Naming Panel to assess against the Naming Criteria
Naming Panel -selected representatives chosen based on their skill set to contribute to the selection of the shortlist of names for consideration by Council
Naming Criteria – set to guide the naming process
3. Shortlist submitted to Council with a recommendation from Naming Panel
4. Council will decide on the Name.
Terms & Conditions
1. By participating in Mornington Peninsula Shire Council’s (Council) Have Your Say for ‘Our Aquatic Centre’, you (Participant) agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. Council’s Have Your Say for ‘Our Aquatic Centre’ is open to everyone, Council officers, employees and immediate families of officers and employees of the Council are eligible to enter.
3. The Council’s decision in respect of matters to do with and arising from this Have Your Say for ‘Our Aquatic Centre’ will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. Council reserves the right to alter, amend, cancel or otherwise deal with these terms and conditions including cancelling the Have Your Say for ‘Our Aquatic Centre’ at any time and for any reason.
5. All Participants must be 18 years and over.
6. Have Your Say naming suggestions must be submitted via the online survey form (Entry) between 9am on 3 February 2020 and 5pm on 2 March 2020. After this time no further Entries will be permitted.
7. Council is not responsible for any technological or related failure to receive an Entry.
8. In order to be a valid Entry, all information on the form must be completed.
9. All Entries become the property of and vest in Council, including intellectual property rights.
10. Notwithstanding the above, by submitting an Entry, the Participant grants Council an exclusive license to use the Entry in perpetuity in any medium, including to edit, publish, distribute and republish it in any form. Council may use the Entry for any commercial purpose, including for the naming of ‘Our Aquatic Centre’, future promotional marketing and publicity purposes.
11. Council reserves the right to verify the validity of any Entry, and disqualify any Participant if their Entry is found to be invalid or inappropriate, or whom Council believes has breached these terms and conditions, or has engaged in unlawful or other improper conduct which may jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Have Your Say.
12. Council reservices the right not to choose any Entry for the naming of ‘Our Aquatic Centre’.
13. In order for an Entry to be successful, it must comply with the Naming Rules set by Geographic Naming Victoria, as assessed in its sole discretion by Council.
14. Council, in consultant with the expert naming panel (Naming Panel), may consider all valid Entries and contact the Participant(s) with the shortlisted Entries by phone or email.
15. If a Participant’s Entry is chosen by Council as the name of ‘Our Aquatic Centre’ (Successful Entry), the successful Participant will be notified by phone or email, as soon as possible after the Council’s decision has been made.
16. The successful Participant agrees to reasonably participate and engage with Council for any activities related to the naming of ‘Our Aquatic Centre’, including but not limited to being interviewed or photographed without renumeration. The successful Participant agrees to grant to Council a perpetual and exclusive licence to use such interviews and photographs in all media worldwide and will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
17. The successful Participant may be required to execute a Deed of Acknowledgement and Release in a form prescribed by Council, at Council’s discretion.
18. The successful Participant agrees to their name being used for the purposes of advertising the successful Entry.
19. Any personal information provided by a Participant will only be used for purposes related to the Have Your Say and/or naming of ‘Our Aquatic Centre’.