Have Your Say: Rosebud Aquatic Centre
Three concept plans have been developed for a proposed public swimming pool in Rosebud.
Land adjoining the Shire offices in Besgrove Street has been named as the preferred site for the pool, which is expected to expedite the development of an aquatic facility in Rosebud
The concept plans include options for a 25-metre indoor pool, a 50-metre indoor pool and a 50-metre outdoor pool. All options include a learn to swim pool, warm water program pool and associated health, fitness and well-being facilities.
The mix of components shown in the three concept plans will provide for traditional aquatic pool programs including training, school competitions, education, health and fitness and special events.
The concepts also show several health, fitness and wellness components such as:
- a multi-purpose room for health and fitness classes
- a wellness centre featuring consulting, steam and sauna rooms catering for specialist services such as massage and physiotherapy, relaxation, older adults and sports recovery
- a café offering high-quality food services
- high priority disability access
- access ramps to the main pool (25 metre and 50 metre options), learn-to-swim pool and warm water program pool
- wheelchair access to the spa within the warm water program pool
- family change rooms for persons with a disability or special needs
- all the pool decks will be on the same level avoiding the need for any lifts.
Download: Concept 1 - 25m indoor pool(PDF, 2MB)
Download: Concept 2 - 50m indoor pool(PDF, 2MB)
Download: Concept 3 - 50m outdoor pool(PDF, 2MB)
A detailed business case is also being prepared and will result in a report establishing Council’s investment in the project and proposes project options, as well as demonstrating whether the project is affordable and represents a value for money investment for Council.
A project timeframe will also be developed enabling Council to take a course of action based on the evidence and analysis it contains.
The opportunity to provide feedback will be open until December 2017
Have Your Say:
Post: Mornington Peninsula Shire, Private Bag 1000, Rosebud, Victoria, 3939
Online: Using the form below. If there is insufficient space provided below, please email using provided email address.