Have Your Say: Flinders Civic Hall Concept Plans
A message from our Mayor
As most of you may be aware, the Mornington Peninsula Shire Council has committed to seeking feedback from the Flinders Community and surrounding townships on a range of strategies and projects, e.g. the Arts and Culture Plan and the Coastal Villages and Neighbourhoods Strategy.
Council has also been working closely with a range of key stakeholders in the redevelopment of the Flinders Civic Hall.
During the initial community and stakeholder consultation process, it has become clear that this project presents a range of opportunities to make this more than just a building refurbishment. It has provided an opportunity to assess the services and activities needs and gaps and what else should be considered as part of a broader conversation.
Some of the key themes and messages received so far include the following:
- Be bold and brave in developing a new facility for Flinders and surrounding areas;
- Enhance the flexibility of the design to incorporate the indoor and outdoor spaces;
- Build a new facility that will meet the needs of the community of the next 50 years;
- Provide spaces to attract increased participation for all types of activities;
- Simply renewing the existing building will not lead to increased patronage;
- The current building is past its useful life and no longer fit for purpose;
- Explore the opportunity to create a Community Hub, not just a Hall upgrade;
- Encourage participation opportunities for all ages and abilities.
More broadly, from a precinct or township perspective, feedback related to any redevelopment should:
- Be complimentary to the local character of the township;
- Not lead to an over-development philosophy;
- Maintain open space opportunities for locals and visitors to meet and recreate.
Shire Mayor and Red Hill Ward Councillor David Gill
Help shape the future of Flinders Civic Hall
We’ve taken on board a lot of the above feedback and now have two concepts for a new and improved community facility in Flinders.
We’re inviting the community to view and provide feedback on these two concept plans from Friday 6 September to Friday 27 September. After this feedback Council will consider findings and decide whether to progress the project/next steps.
View the site and floor plans for the two concepts below.
How to have your say
View the concept plans and provide your feedback online below. You can also provide your feedback in person, via email or post.
Download: Proposed Site Plan - Option 1(PDF, 537KB)
Download: Proposed Floor Plan - Option 1(PDF, 335KB)
Download: Proposed Site Plan - Option 2(PDF, 549KB)
Download: Proposed Floor Plan - Option 2(PDF, 418KB)
Community consultation closes 5pm Friday 27 September 2019.
Surveys are also available to complete in hard copy at the Shire’s offices in Rosebud, Mornington and Hastings. Or phone us on 5950 1617 to have a hard copy sent to you.
Email your submission with the subject line “Flinders Civic Hall Concept Plans” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Infrastructure Planning
Re: Flinders Civic Hall Concept Plans
Mornington Peninsula Shire
Private Bag 1000, Rosebud VIC 3939
The Shire will only use this information for the purpose it was collected and may use it for a secondary, related purpose that could reasonably be expected.