Have Your Say: Disability Action Plan
Mornington Peninsula Shire Community Engagement for the 2018 - 2022 Disability Action Plan will be commencing soon.
We're seeking community feedback in the development of our next Disability Action Plan (DAP). Over the next two months, stakeholders and community members will be consulted on all aspects of access and inclusion for people with a disability.
Our community consultation sessions will be held:
The Mornington Peninsula Shire invites people with disabilities, carers of people with a disability, disability support workers and services, community services, businesses, community groups and individuals to come and have your say about how the Mornington Peninsula Shire can:
- Help to remove physical barriers for people with a disability
- Increase opportunities for inclusion and participation, and
- Ensure people with disability have equal access to services and facilities
Disability action plans enable councils to develop policies and practices that lead to greater participation of all residents; show leadership, vision and innovation that can lead to increased community cohesion and economic prosperity.
The development of the DAP is overseen by the Shire's All Abilities Consultative Committee.
Submissions close: 15 January 2018
For bookings and further information, contact 5950 1099
Have your say:
- Attend a community workshop
- Complete the survey
- Phone: 1300 846 606 for help to complete the survey.
- In person: visit one of our Shire offices to have your say in person
- By mail to: Social Planning and Community Development, Disability Action Plan, Mornington Peninsula Shire, Private Bag 1000, Rosebud, Victoria, 3939
Assistance and information is also available at Council offices in Rosebud, Mornington and Hastings.
If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can complete the survey via the National Relay Service.
TTY users phone 133 677 then ask for 1300 846 606
Speak and listen users need to phone 1300 555 727 and ask for 1300 846 606.
Internet relay users can connect to us using www.iprelay.com.au and asking for 1300 846 606.
Complete the Survey