Have Your Say: Better Buses for the Mornington Peninsula
Mornington Peninsula Shire is inviting public feedback on poor provision of public transport on the Peninsula and the impact this has on people’s lives.
- 82% of the Peninsula is not serviced by public transport.
- The Shire has the second lowest provision of public transport out of the 31 councils in the Melbourne metropolitan area.
- 2 out of 3 major activity centres on the Peninsula are not serviced by rail; the third has a diesel service on a limited timetable.
- The lack of public transport options impacts on the community in different ways according to their needs and stages of life (e.g. young, elderly, people with disabilities); the campaign will draw out the ways these different impacts manifest;
- Due to the lack of public transport on the Peninsula, our residents are almost six times less likely to travel to work by public transport than Greater Melbourne;
- A mere 3% of Shire residents take public transport to work, compared with 15% across Greater Melbourne.
- A fully integrated smart technology bus network, with specific routes and improvements identified as per Council’s position.
You can find more information on our Better Buses web page here.
The community is encouraged to submit their thoughts below before Monday 14 October, 2019.
How to have your say
Provide your feedback online below or pick up a hard copy at one of our Customer Service offices. You can also provide your feedback via email or post.
Feedback forms and postcards are also available to complete in hard copy at the Shire’s offices in Rosebud, Mornington and Hastings. Or phone us on 5950 1617 to have a hard copy sent to you.
Email your submission with the subject line “Better Buses” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Innovation and Advocacy
Re: Better Buses
Mornington Peninsula Shire
Private Bag 1000, Rosebud VIC 3939
The Shire will only use this information for the purpose it was collected and may use it for a secondary, related purpose that could reasonably be expected.