Hastings Foreshore Precinct Plan
The Hastings Foreshore Precinct Plan is currently on public exhibition until 2 October and Council invites the community and all stakeholders of the foreshore to make a submission in relation to the plan.
For details on how to make a submission, or to view a copy of the plan, please see the bottom of this page.
The Hastings Foreshore Precinct Plan (HFPP) builds on the foundations of the Hastings South Coastal Management Plan (CMP) which is a strategic plan adopted by Council in April 2015.
The Hastings foreshore has significant value in terms of the natural environment, cultural heritage and recreation. Protecting and enhancing these values is vital given the projected growth in local and regional populations and the likely associated increase in demand for recreation, particularly recreational boating.
The foreshore area is used for recreation such as boating, walking, dog walking, cycling and picnics. Coastal processes such as erosion from moderate wave action as well as environmental conditions including salt spray and wind impact on the foreshore area.
The Hastings Foreshore Precinct Plan has been developed in close consultation with the community and key stakeholder groups. The feedback and input from this consultation has set the proposed outcomes in the plan, some of the goals of the plan include:
- Pedestrian and cyclist connectivity of the north and south of the reserve;
- A new waterfront promenade and viewing platform;
- Enhancement and upgrades of landscape, visitor facilities, picnic areas, seating and lighting (including the protection of the conservation values);
- Rationalising infrastructure within the foreshore reserve;
- A new splash park within the foreshore reserve;
- A new sound shell, for public events;
- Softening of the landscape through increased planting of vegetation throughout the reserve;
- Providing an adaptive landscape to respond to the effects of climate change;
- Improved facilities for recreational fishing and boating and the need to plan for projected increases in usage (including a modified boat ramp car park, yacht club ramp extension and overall increase in the least area of the yacht club).
For further details on all proposals included within the plan, please view the plan online below.
Alternatively, a hard copy is available for inspection in all of Council's Offices (Hastings, Mornington and Rosebud) between the hours of 8:30am to 5:00pm, Mon - Fri
Hastings Foreshore Precinct Plan(PDF, 5MB)
Have your say:
Share your thoughts in person at the upcoming drop in session.
The drop-in session will allow for input and for your questions to be answered in person.
Thursday 21 September, 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Hastings Community Hub – 1973 Frankston - Flinders Rd, Hastings
RSVP to email@example.com by Monday 18 September.
You can make an online submission using the form below.
Alternatively, you can email a more detailed submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public exhibition commences: 28 August
- Community drop-in session: 21 September - 5:30PM – 7:30PM
- Public exhibition concludes: 2 October
- Adoption: November/ December