What is a Contractor Management Prequalification System?
Introducing ‘Avetta’ as the Shire’s Contractor Management Prequalification and Verification System – (formerly known as iPro Live)
The Shires requirement to be registered and approved within a contractor management prequalification and verification system (formerly known as IproLive) has recently undergone a comprehensive review. This has resulted in the selection and engagement of a new supplier for this service, namely, ‘Avetta’ to support our Supplier Management Program.
The Shire is currently working hard towards implementation of the Avetta system and further details will be provided in the coming weeks and months ahead. In the interim period, all other requirements of Shire’s tender process remain, including the need to complete the OHS questionnaire and supply documents when requested.
By partnering with Avetta, we intend to streamline our prequalification processes and ensure your organisation’s skill sets are visible across all our business – not solely where you may currently be working.
Avetta’s online software aims to provide a cost-effective system to manage the Shires exposure to risk through contracting and reduce the administrative burden on contractors through standardisation of pre-qualification and assessment processes.
The Shire will use Avetta’s Contractor Management Prequalification and Verification System to pre-qualify and classify contractors, according to their quality, safety and environmental management systems, technical and resource capability, financial position and overall past performance.
Our aim is to streamline requirements, to improve operational effectiveness and reduce duplication for both Mornington Peninsula Shire Council and our suppliers, thereby improving consistency and reducing the administrative burden on our contractors.
Why does the Shire use contractor management software?
- Streamline the process of tender preparation, submission and evaluation by significantly reducing the amount of information to be provided in the tender response.
- Provide a degree of protection to both the Mornington Peninsula Shire and contractors against over-commitment.
- Provide a degree of protection & confidence in our appointed contractors ability to manage quality, environmental and OH&S risks during works for the benefit of staff, workers and the community alike.
Initial Roll-Out will commence with Civil Contractors, Building Contractors and related activities.
Contractors & consultants in other fields are not required to register at this time.
If you are a Civil Contractor, Building Contractor or work in related fields, you should expect to receive a letter to explain the next steps in this process in the very near future. If you do not receive a letter please proceed to the Avetta website for further information. Avetta website
We ask, if you are not already registered with Avetta, that you register with Avetta by 30 June 2018. (Further details to be provided in the letter).
If you’re an existing Avetta member, we will recognise the data you have already submitted – so you just need to link your company to Mornington Peninsula Shire Council, and complete our specific requirements.
If you’re an existing IPro-Live member, Avetta will provide recognition of all fees paid to IPro-Live up to the next anniversary date for fees required. If you have any questions on this part please do not hesitate to contact Luke Sell from Avetta on 0432276027.
Details on how to register online provided below:
- Register Online. Each vendor must register on the Avetta website click here and select Mornington Peninsula Shire Council.
- If you are already a member with Avetta, simply log into your account and link your company with Mornington Peninsula Shire Council. Avetta representatives will be available to provide registration assistance by phone, at 1300 620 804. Please contact the Avetta Registrations team at firstname.lastname@example.org for any assistance with your registration.
Thank you in advance for your participation:
We look forward to both maintaining and enhancing our relationship with you. If you have any questions for Mornington Peninsula Shire, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com and a member of the Safety & Service Quality unit will respond to your query. If you have questions regarding the Avetta system and registration process please refer to the details in the Q&A section of the forthcoming letter.
Keep watching this space for updates.