Management and Operation of Aquatic and Recreation Facilities
Mornington Peninsula Shire Council (MPSC) is seeking the services of an expert and experienced operator to partner with us to manage and operate the Shire's five aquatic and recreation centres.
- Pelican Park Recreation Centre
- Civic Reserve Recreation Centre
- Somerville Recreation Centre
- Fee for service for the first 12 months, transitioning to a lump sum agreement for the second and subsequent years
- Initial four-year term with extension options
- Facilities include two Indoor Aquatic and Recreation Centres, one Outdoor Seasonal Pool and two Stadiums
MPSC would like to partner with an operator that is forward thinking, innovative, and has a desire to work collaboratively. Our ambition is that all five centres will positively impact the MPSC community in many ways to successfully deliver on key objectives.
About the Operator
You will be collaborative in your approach and be able to develop a genuine hand in hand, mutually supportive relationship with MPSC where both parties are working together for the benefit of the community and each other. This collaborative approach is particularly important to MPSC as it seeks to maximise the operational performance of the centres.
You will be an industry leader with proven experience in facility management and operation to deliver high quality, innovative programs and services to encourage participation in health and wellbeing activities.
You can draw on learnings and create opportunities from previous experience in the management and operations of similar centres under a multi facility contract.
You will be able to minimise annual costs through maximising participation, an efficient operational structure and other innovative solutions that will reduce the net cost without significantly impacting overall use of the facilities.
The successful facilities operator will deliver the following outcomes in their collaborative partnership approach;
- An outstanding range of programs and services delivered to the highest quality and standard
- Exceptional customer experiences and service
- Outstanding safety performance
- Outstanding financial performance
- Exceptional community engagement and participation
- Leadership in environmental initiatives include climate change mitigation and adaption
- Enhance MPSC’s brand and reputation
- Alignment and delivery of services with Council Vision, Strategies, and objectives
You will bring creative, outside of the box thinking to the operation of the centres, with aquatic and dry programming opportunities which will enable you to deliver a variety of programming tailored to the MPS community.
At Yawa, you will team up with other professionals to deliver integrated health services through the allied health suites as well as the café, ensuring a true café experience that provides healthy choice options and exceptional customer experiences.
At both Pelican Park Recreation Centre and Crib Point Outdoor Pool, you will create a community hub for all residents and visitors to foster social connections through health and wellbeing opportunities.
At Somerville Recreation Centre and Civic Reserve Recreation Centre, you will work closely with user groups to create a collaborative working relationship.
Benefits for the operator:
- Enhancing the overall health and wellbeing of the MPSC community
- Incentive arrangements for operations better than budget financial performance
- Close working relationship with MPSC
- Building your own operations and brand across the Mornington Peninsula
About Mornington Peninsula Shire
Mornington Peninsula Shire is Victoria’s destination municipality, characterised by unique townships, highly productive agriculture, world renowned landscapes including 10% of Victoria’s coastline, tourist regions and areas of national and international conservation significance within a vital Green Wedge.
Council Vision is: To value, protect and improve the unique characteristics and way of life on our Peninsula
“Valuing our unique Peninsula”
Council is committed to the highest standards of performance, behaviour, and service. To guide us in the delivery of exceptional community outcomes, we have five core values that are integral to everything we do; Integrity, Openness, Courage, Respect and Excellence.
Council core values set the framework for how work together to achieve outstanding outcomes for our customers and our community.
Benefits for MPSC
- Improving community health, wellbeing and social inclusion
- Contributing to the reduction of the unacceptably high risk of drowning
- Meeting the community’s expectations
- Delivering jobs and economic benefits
Are you interested?
A request for proposal will be advertised on Tenderlink in February 2024 and will close on 13 March 2024. MPSC will hold a briefing session and conduct site visits – dates and times to be confirmed. (Attendance, whilst not mandatory, is highly recommended).