Manage Your Business Waste
Waste is the difference between the materials you pay for and the materials your customer pays for. Think less waste!
Much of what we throw away can be reused or recycled and may be a valuable product for another business. Remember the 3 R’s – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Less waste = less pollution = less effort = less cost
There are many services that can assist you in finding alternatives for your waste. Remember, your waste management contractor is a key supplier for assisting with waste minimisation. Ask them how they can help and work in partnership.
- Visit Planet Ark’s Business Recycling or call the hotline: 1300 763 768
- Download the Sustain Me App to find out where and what you can recycle near you
- Bin wash services - search online for ‘commercial bin washing’ or contact your waste bin provider regarding ‘other services’
- Biodegradable cleaning products - search online for ‘biodegradable commercial cleaning products’ or ‘commercial green cleaning products Australia’
- Cigarette butt ash trays - search online for ‘windproof table ash trays’
- Cleaner sink installation - contact your local plumber or search online for ‘cleaner sink’
- Cooking oil recycling - search online for ‘cooking oil collectors Melbourne’. If your business doesn’t have enough cooking oil to attract a cooking oil recycler’s interest, consider collaborating with a neighbouring business.
- Find food and oil interceptor (grease trap) cleaning service provider
- Kitchen exhaust and canopy cleaners - search online for ‘kitchen exhaust and canopy cleaners’ or ‘filters and filter service’.
For ideas on reducing your waste remember the 3 R's - reduce, reuse, recycle
For ‘how to’ guides see: Recycling Business Waste