The Watson Ward area is made up of a mix of rural and residential land with some small industrial and commercial areas. Watson Ward was established in 2004 as part of the Shire’s amalgamation, and encompasses the area between Hastings and Frankston. Its boundaries remained unchanged after the 2012 Electoral Representation Review.
Watson Ward is represented by one Councillor.
Download Watson Ward Map(PDF, 374KB).
• Parts of Moorooduc and Pearcedale
Features of Watson Ward include:
- Shopping amenities at Baxter Central Shopping Centre and Somerville Plaza Shopping Centre.
- Various sporting amenities include: Bembridge Course, Treehaven Equestrian Centre and Western Port Airfield.
- Various parks and reserves include: Barber Reserve, Bunguyan Reserve, Colchester Park, Fruit Growers Reserve, Gordon Rolfe Reserve, Olivers Creek Bushland Reserve, Somerville Recreation Reserve, Tyabb Central Recreation Reserve and Unthanks Bushland Reserve.
- Parts of Western Port foreshore mangroves.
- Baxter Primary School
- Flinders Christian Community College (Tyabb Campus)
- Mount Erin Secondary College
- Pearcedale Primary School
- Saint Brendans Catholic Primary School
- Somerville Primary School
- Tyabb Primary School
- Tyabb Railway Station Primary School