Red Hill Ward
The Red Hill Ward is a predominantly rural area and borders Rye/St Andrews to the west and Western Port Bay to the south east. Red Hill Ward includes Red Hill, Red Hill South, Main Ridge, Balnarring Beach, Somers, Merricks Beach, Merricks, Point Leo, Shoreham, Flinders, Cape Schanck, St Andrews Beach, Boneo, Fingal, Arthurs Seat, Balnarring, Merricks North and HMAS Cerberus.
The Red Hill Ward has one Councillor.
Red Hill Ward Map
Download Red Hill Ward Map(PDF, 488KB)
- Red Hill
Red Hill Ward features
- Red Hill Shopping Centre
- Balnarring Racecourse
- Balbirooroo Community Wetlands
- Numerous parks and reserves including Buckley Nature Reservation Reserve, Somers Koala Reserve, Bald Hill Nature Conservation Reserve, Kangerong Flora Reserve, Main Ridge Recreation Reserve, Red Hill Recreation Reserve, Greens Bush and Main Ridge Flora Reserve and part of the Mornington Peninsula National Park.
- Numerous wineries.
- Many beaches including Gunnamatta Beach, Point Leo Surf Beach, Balnarring Beach, Shoreham and Merricks Beach.
- Coastal lookout points at The Blowhole and Cape Schanck.
- HMAS Cerberus Naval Base.
- Popular surfing and camping destination at Point Leo.
- Red Hill Consolidated Primary School
- Dromana Secondary School
- Somers Primary School
- Boneo Primary School
- Balnarring Primary School.