The Nepean Ward comprises Tootgarook, Rye, Blairgowrie, Sorrento and Portsea.
The Nepean Ward has two Councillors.
Nepean Ward map
Download Nepean Ward Map(PDF, 3MB)
Nepean Ward Features
- Settlement of the area dates from 1803, being the home of Victoria’s first European settlement
- Sorrento is the site of a year-round car and passenger ferry service that connects the Mornington Peninsula to Queenscliff on the Bellarine Peninsula
- Point Nepean was closed to the public for over 100 years and was once the site of a quarantine station for immigrants first established in 1852 and later became the site of Fort Nepean, established in 1882 that contains an extensive system of fortifications from the 1850’s through to the 1st and 2nd World Wars
- Major attractions include golf clubs and beaches, Mornington Peninsula National Park, Rye Shopping Centre, historic Sorrento and Portsea main streets, Quinns Park, Rommey Park, JK Rowley Recreation Reserve, Sorrento Pier, Rye Pier, David MacFarlan Reserve, Sorrento Historic Park and Stringer Road Reserve
- There are also numerous beaches including Blairgowrie, Rye Beach, Portsea Surf Beach and Sorrento front and back beaches, with walking tracks, panoramic seaside views and lookout points
- Rye Cemetery.
- Rye Primary School
- Sorrento Preschool
- Sorrento Primary School
- St. Josephs Catholic Parish Primary School.
Stay up to date with the latest Nepean Ward News!