The Cerberus Ward was established in 2004 as part of the Shire’s amalgamation, and makes up the area that includes Tuerong, Bittern, Hastings and Crib Point.
The Cerberus Ward has one Councillor.
Cerberus Ward Map
Download Cerberus Ward Map(PDF, 483KB)
The Cerberus Ward is characterised by its beaches and wetlands and is a mix of rural and residential areas with a number of small townships along and near the coast.
- Crib Point
Cereberus Ward features
- Numerous park reserves including Harris Creek Reserve, Crib Point Recreation Reserve, Warrangine Park and the Hastings Foreshore Reserve
- Many wetland areas such as the Western Port mangroves and Bittern Coastal Wetlands.
- Industry such as Esso/BHP Biliton and Western Port Blue Scope Steel
- Peninsula Equestrian Trail
- Numerous beaches including Somers Beach, Tulum Beach, Woolleys Beach, Merricks Beach and the Western Port foreshore.
- Western Port Secondary College
- Bittern Primary School
- Crib Point Primary School
- St. Mary’s Primary School
- Hastings Primary School
- Wallaroo Primary School
- St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School
- Moorooduc Primary School
- Penbank School.