The Cerberus Ward was established in 2004 as part of the Shire’s amalgamation, and makes up the area that includes Tuerong, Merricks North,Balnarring, Bittern, Hastings, Crib Point and Tyabb.
The Cerberus Ward has one Councillor.
Cerberus Ward Map
Download Cerberus Ward Map(PDF, 483KB)
The Cerberus Ward is characterised by its wineries, beaches and wetlands and is a mix of rural and residential areas with a number of small townships along and near the coast, and a significant proportion of holiday homes.
Cereberus Ward features
- Balnarring Racecourse
- Numerous park reserves including Buckley Nature Conservation Reserve, Harris Creek Reserve, Koala Reserve, Balbirooroo Community Wetlands, Crib Point Recreation Reserve, Warrangine Park and the Hastings Foreshore Reserve
- Many wetland areas such as the Western Port mangroves, Bittern Coastal Wetlands and the Coolart Wetlands and Homestead
- Industry such as Esso/BHP Biliton and Western Port Blue Scope Steel
- Peninsula Equestrian Trail
- Numerous beaches including Somers Beach, Tulum Beach, Woolleys Beach, Merricks Beach and the Western Port foreshore.
- Western Port Secondary College
- Bittern Primary School
- Crib Point Primary School
- St. Mary’s Primary School
- Hastings Primary School
- West Park Primary School
- St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School
- Moorooduc Primary School
- Penbank School.