Briars Ward makes up the area from Mount Eliza, through to Mornington and Mount Martha and borders Port Phillip Bay and Moorooduc.
The Briars Ward has three Councillors.
Briars Ward map
Download Briars Ward Map(PDF, 349KB)
- Mount Eliza
- Mount Martha
Briars Ward features
- Shopping amenities including the Main Street Mornington, Mount Eliza shopping area the Mount Martha shops, as well as the Peninsula Lifestyle Shopping Centre
- Several beaches and beach attractions including the Port Phillip Bay foreshore, Mornington beaches and pier, Mount Martha beaches and Ranelagh Beach, Moondah Beach, Canadian Bay and Daveys Bay
- Balcombe Estuary and boardwalk.
- Golf courses including the Mornington Country Golf Club and the Shire’s Mount Martha Public Golf Course
- Parks and Reserves including in Mount Martha: Joseph Harris Scout Park, Balcombe Reserve, Fairbarn Bushland Reserve, Ferrero Reserve, Hopetoun Norfolk Flora & Fauna Reserve, Sunshine Reserve; in Mount Eliza: Mount Eliza Regional Park, Emil Madsen Reserve, Moorooduc Quarry Flora & Fauna Reserve, Lorikeet Reserve, Howard Parker Reserve; and in Mornington: Camp Niall Scout Park, Schnapper Point, Dallas Brooks Park, Mornington Park, Narambi Reserve, Woods Bushland Reserve
- Mount Martha House, Bentons Square Community Centre and Mt Eliza Community Centre
- Mornington Cemetery
- The Mornington Racecourse
- Health services including Beleura Private Hospital and The Bays Hospital.
- Balcombe Grammar School
- Benton Junior College
- Mount Martha Primary School
- Osborne Primary School
- Mount Eliza North Primary School
- St Thomas More Primary School
- The Peninsula School
- Toorak College
- Mount Eliza Primary School
- Kunyung Primary School
- Mount Eliza Secondary College
- Mornington Secondary College
- St McCartans Catholic School
- Padua Catholic College
- Mornington Park Primary School
- Mornington Primary School.