Accessing Council Information
How we make information available to the public and where to find it.
We make information available through a range of options. Publishing this information reflects our commitment to transparency and openness. It also meets the commitments outlined in our Public Transparency Policy and the Local Government Act 2020.
What information do we make available and where?
Information is available through:
- our websites, social media and printed publications.
- documents at our customer service centres (both on display and available by request).
- release under the Freedom of Information Act 1982.
- key Council budget briefings open to the public.
- any other appropriate means as determined by Council, the Chief Executive Officer, or the Head of Governance and Legal.
- All information is publicly available unless it is confidential, or its release would not be in the public interest.
Publicly available information includes:
Council's Part-II-Statement.pdf(PDF, 853KB) describes our powers and functions, the documents and information we keep and the ways you can access them.
Council and committee information
The following documents and registers are also available:
Councillor Gifts, Hospitality and Benefits Registers:
Contact the Governance team for further information or to view these documents in person.
Phone: 5950 1137
Council publishes newsletters, reports and information online in the news and media section of our website. Some of this information is also available for viewing at our customer service centres or provided in hard copy. Council can assist you in accessing these publications by contacting Customer Service.
Freedom of information (FOI)
The Freedom of Information Act 1982 gives right of access to documents held by Council. Find more information about Freedom of Information, including how to make an application for documents.
Building and Planning information
Council makes building and planning information publicly available in accordance with relevant legislation. This includes a range of Building Information certificates, Report and Consent, copies of House plans and adjoining owner information required for specific building applications.
Planning information, including advertised planning applications, existing planning permits and planning scheme amendments are also available.