VicSmart is a simple and fast assessment process for straightforward planning permit applications, introduced to the Victoria Planning Provisions and all planning schemes on 19 September 2014.
Classes of application are identified in the planning scheme as being VicSmart and have specified requirements for information, assessment processes and decision guidelines.
Key features of VicSmart include:
- a 10 day permit process
- applications are not advertised
- information to be submitted with an application and what council can consider is pre-set
A comprehensive range of information is available on the Department of Transport, Planning and Local Infrastructure (DTPLI) website: www.dtpli.vic.gov.au/vicsmart
All VicSmart applications will be processed electronically. Please ensure you include your e-mail address so that all correspondence can be e-mailed to you directly.
The following application types can be assessed as a VicSmart application providing it meets all the criteria and the proposal is located in the specified zone or overlay:
- Subdivide land to realign the common boundary between two lots
- Subdivide land into lots each containing and existing building or car parking space
- Subdivide land with an approved development into two lots
- Construct or extend a front fence within 3 metres of a street
- Construct a building or works in a Commercial, Industrial or Mixed use Zone
- Construct a fence in an overlay
- Remove, destroy or lop one tree
- Minor subdivision, minor building and works, painting or tree lopping in a Heritage Overlay
- Display a sign
- Reduce the required number of car parking spaces
- Reduce or waive the loading and unloading requirements
Download: Application for a VicSmart Planning Permit Form(PDF, 256KB)
VicSmart application fees are subject to the Standard Statutory Planning Permit Application fees. Download: Planning Permit Application Fees
Complete the relevant VicSmart checklist to ensure you submit all the required information. If your proposal falls into more than one VicSmart class of application you will need to complete all the relevant checklists. Download:
Checklist 01 - Realign a boundary between two lots(PDF, 102KB)
Checklist 02 - Subdivide land into lots containing an existing building(PDF, 100KB)
Checklist 03 - Subdivide land with an approved development into two lots(PDF, 99KB)
Checklist 04 - Construct a front fence in a residential zone(PDF, 96KB)
Checklist 05 - Construct a building or works in various zones(PDF, 101KB)
Checklist 06 - Construct a fence in an overlay(PDF, 94KB)
Checklist 07 - Remove destroy or lop one tree(PDF, 98KB)
Checklist 08 - Minor subdivision minor building works painting or tree lopping in a heritage overlay(PDF, 107KB)
Checklist 10 - Display a sign in a commercial or industrial zone(PDF, 97KB)
Checklist 11 - Reduce a car parking requirement(PDF, 83KB)
Checklist 12 - Reduce or waive loading unloading requirements(PDF, 82KB)
Please Note: Checklist 09 - Minor subdivision or building and works within a Special Building Overlay : this checklist is not applicable as this Overlay is not contained within the Mornington Peninsula Planning Scheme.
Applications can be lodged by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure the following is attached;
- Completed application form including a copy of Certificate of Title
- Completed Checklist
- Copy of Plans and Supporting Documents
Fees can be paid by completing the below credit card authorization form and attaching it to your email or we can contact you directly to arrange payment over the phone.
We will email you by the next business day to confirm if your application is deemed complete in which case it will be registered and allocated to a planner or if further information is required.
Download: Credit Card Payment Form(PDF, 122KB)
Contact the Statutory Planning team on 5950 1010.