Special Charge Schemes Policy for Infrastructure Works consultation
Published on 15 June 2017
Mornington Peninsula Shire is inviting residents to provide feedback on the recently reviewed Special Charge Schemes Policy for Infrastructure Works.
At an Ordinary Council meeting on 11 April 2016, Council requested a review of the Special Charge Schemes Policy for Infrastructure Works. The revised draft policy is now on public exhibition.
The revised policy proposes the following changes:
- Providing an earlier opportunity for community feedback before the formal process of starting a special charge scheme.
- Better defining Council' financial contribution to schemes.
- Clarifying the process undertaken by the Shire in implementing and managing a special charge scheme. This will assist the community in understanding the rationale behind a scheme.
You can now view the draft policy and make a submission by visiting mornpen.vic.gov.au/haveyoursay or mailing your submission to
Special Charge Schemes Policy Review
Att: Infrastructure Strategy Team
Mornington Peninsula Shire
Private Bag 1000
ROSEBUD VIC 3939
Hard copies can also be viewed at the Shire’s Rosebud, Mornington and Hastings offices.
Submissions must be received by 5pm on Monday 24 July 2017.
When the exhibition period closes, a report recommending the adoption of the policy will be presented to Council. The public submissions will be considered through this process.
If you have any questions, please contact:
- Project Manager Infrastructure Strategy Jeremy Grieve on 5950 1303
- Infrastructure Planner Civil Projects Ram Kamalanandan on 5950 1332