The Mornington Peninsula Shire Local Laws makes provision for residents to apply for a Local Law permit when the activity they wish to undertake is not permitted without approval of a Local Law permit. The purpose of Local Law permits is to regulate certain activities to ensure they do not impact on the safety of the public, create a nuisance or unduly affect the amenity of the area.
- check the Mornington Peninsula Shire’s General Purposes Local Law Part 7 for Open Air Burning Local Law
- to keep additional animals (check General Purposes Local Law)
- camping (check General Purposes Local Law)
- use of a crane on public property
- hoardings (for more information visit our Hoardings webpage)
- to keep or store a heavy vehicle on private property
- use of a recreation vehicle on private property (ie motor bike)
- additional signage (see Real Estate Signage Fact File & Temporary Community Events & Information Signage Fact File)
- distribution of flyers
- to occupy a road reserve, nature strip, footpath (Outdoor eating facilities are allowable under the Local Law). For more information please visit our section on Local Laws Detail and use this form for keeping additional animals on your property General Purposes Local Law Application(DOC, 1MB)
Please refer to our section on Local Laws Detail
Please Note: Our Local Laws may not be the only legislation governing the activity you wish to undertake. In some instances for example, you may require a planning permit or permission from another authority (eg VicRoads).
For further information contact Environment Protection on: 5950 1050.
A non refundable application fee of $50 is payable for Local Law permits.
A permit application for Busking is required Busking Information Fact File(DOC, 51KB) and Busking Permit Application Fact File.(DOC, 76KB)
A permit application for Recreational Vehicles Recreational Vehicles Fact File(DOC, 53KB) and Recreational Vehicles Application Form(PDF, 32KB)
A permit for keeping additional animals on your property General Purposes Local Law Application(DOC, 1MB)
In order for us to process your application you must provide the following information: