Have Your Say: Alcohol Management Policy Draft 2017
Council would like to invite feedback on the draft Alcohol Management Policy. The opportunity to provide feedback will be open until Monday 19th June. Please send any comments using the form below.
Download: Draft Alcohol Management Policy 2017(PDF, 112KB)
The purpose of the Alcohol Management Policy is to enhance safety, amenity, health and wellbeing in the Mornington Peninsula Shire through a harm minimisation approach to the management of alcohol. The policy aims to provide a clear and transparent approach to alcohol management and guide decision making surrounding alcohol impacts and minimise alcohol-related harm for individuals, families and the wider community.
The Policy applies to all types of Council decision-making on liquor matters, including statutory planning decisions on planning permits concerning land use for:
- alcohol retail outlets;
- nightclubs, bars and restaurants; and
- sporting, recreational and community facilities or public spaces that are Council owned or managed.
This Policy is drawn from duties, obligations and powers under the following Acts:
- Local Government Act 1989
- Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008
- Planning and Environment Act 1987
- Liquor Control Reform Act 1998
- MPS Consumption of Liquor Local Law
Have your say: