Hastings Foreshore Precinct Plan
The Hastings Foreshore Precinct Plan (HFPP) will build on the foundations of the Hastings South Coastal Management Plan (CMP) which is a strategic plan adopted by Council in April 2015.
The Hastings foreshore has significant value in terms of the natural environment, cultural heritage and recreation. Protecting and enhancing these values is vital given the projected growth in local and regional populations and the likely associated increase in demand for recreation, particularly recreational boating.
The foreshore area is used for recreation such as boating, walking, dog walking, cycling and picnics. Coastal processes such as erosion from moderate wave action as well as environmental conditions including salt spray and wind impact on the foreshore area.
The Hastings Foreshore Precinct Plan will be developed in close consultation with the community and key stakeholder groups. The feedback and input from this consultation will set the outcomes from the plan, however some of the anticipated goals of the plan include:
- Pedestrian and cyclist connectivity of the north and south of the reserve;
- Community, recreational and commercial demand to the revitalisation of the study area;
- Enhancement and upgrades of landscape, visitor facilities, picnic areas and seating (including the protection of the conservation values);
- Rationalising infrastructure within the foreshore reserve;
- Opportunity for interpretation signage or art throughout the reserve;
- Softening of the landscape through minor works such as plantings;
- Providing an adaptive landscape to respond to the effects of climate change;
- Improved facilities for recreational fishing and boating and the need to plan for projected increases in usage.
Council encourages the community to have an input into the development of this important plan for the Hastings foreshore.
Have your say:
Share your thoughts in person at a drop in session.
The drop-in session will allow for input and suggestions to be considered and Council welcomes all feedback to assist in the preparation of the plan.
Thursday 1 June, 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Hastings Community Hub – 1973 Frankston - Flinders Rd, Hastings
RSVP to email@example.com by Monday 29 May.
You can have your say online until the 16th June.
Take the survey
- Key stakeholder engagement: 1 June
- Community drop-in session: 1 June - 5:30PM – 7:30PM
- Online Survey – 23rd May to 16th June
- Public exhibition: August/September
- Adoption: November/ December