Draft Special Charge Schemes Policy
Council invites feedback from the community on the Draft Special Charge Schemes Policy for Infrastructure Works.
You can share your feedback online (using the form below), by email or in the post.
The opportunity to provide feedback will be open until Monday 24th July 5pm.
Hard copies are also available in Shire offices at Rosebud, Mornington and Hastings offices.
Download: Draft Special Charge Scheme Policy(PDF, 395KB)
Download: Council Meeting Minutes (relevant pg. 46)
The purpose of the Draft Special Charge Scheme Policy for Infrastructure Works is to guide the creation and implementation of all special charge schemes for infrastructure works projects, in a fair, equitable and consistent manner.
The policy aims to:
- Implement the special charge scheme process in an effective manner that is fair to all
- Maximise opportunities for community participation and consultation
- Guide the financial contribution of Council
- Guide the efficient and effective use of Council resources
- Promote transparency, accountability and consistency in Council decision making
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of the Act
This policy, together with referenced documents, covers special charge schemes for:
- Road construction (full or partial e.g. kerb and channel),
- Footpath construction,
- Drainage works,
- Car park construction, and
- Other infrastructure as identified.
The policy is drawn from duties, obligations and powers under the Local Government Act 1989.
- The Policy provides an earlier opportunity for community feedback before the formal process of starting a special charge scheme.
- The financial contributions of Council for schemes are more clearly defined.
- The Policy provides detail on the processes undertaken by the Shire in implementing and managing a special charge scheme.
Following the public exhibition period, Council will consider all feedback. Following this a report will be presented to Council, for adoption.
Have your say:
Post: Infrastructure Planning, Private Bag 1000, Rosebud VIC 3939
Online: Using the form below. If there is insufficient space provided below, please email using provided email address.